2017 will be our 8th season growing organic food for our customers and providing CSA baskets to our members. Our baskets are delivered at different drop-off locations in Montreal and at the farm. In addition to online registrations for our basket programme, you may also access our online farm store to purchase additional vegetables if and when available. These special orders will be delivered weekly at our different drop-off locations. Read on for details.
Baskets & Farm Store
If you’re new to Arlington Gardens, start by reading about the contents of our baskets and see how they change through the season (for a visual, check out our Weekly Updates). Consult our list of drop-off locations and, if you’re new to Community Supported Agriculture, visit our CSA page to find out more about it and all things organic. Finally, once you’ve glanced at this year’s pricing below, you can sign up for your basket and become a farm member for the season.
|SEASON 1||SMALL *: $25 – $30 †||LARGE **: $34 – $40 †|
|Admin & Transport 2||$25||$25|
|Équiterre Fees 3
* SMALL: for 1 – 2 person(s)
** LARGE: 3-4 people
† For the last 3 baskets of the extended season
1 There are 3 options for the 2017 season
- The Regular — our classic formula — 20 weekly baskets from mid-June to end of October
- The Extended — a longer seasonal offering of 23 baskets (20 weekly baskets + 3 bi-weekly baskets in November)
- The Farmstand — a shorter offering to match our farmstand season (17 weeks, at our Atwater Market location only) from July to end of October
2 Admin & transportation fee – non-reimbursable in case of cancellation
3 For development and awareness-raising activities
4 Payable in a single amount or in 3 equal installments
5 Less administrative and transportation fee if farm pick-up
The sign-up process takes you to our online farm store. Once the season begins, you will have occasional access to produce (like garlic and tomatoes) in greater quantities through our online store, subject to availability.
Once you sign up online, our farm store provides 3 payment options for our baskets — via Online Banking, by Interac e-Transfer and by cheque1 or cash. For this year’s CSA Basket Sign-Up, we encourage you to pay using Online Banking or Interac e-Transfer — although you may still pay us by cheque if you prefer. In either case, you may pay in full or in three installments2. Later in the season, we will take farm store orders online, but will expect payment upon delivery ONLY, via either cheque or cash.
Arlington Gardens is a Registered Payee3 with the following banks..
If you have already registered but have yet to complete your online payment (i.e. your order is being kept “on hold”), click on the appropriate logo to complete your payment now.
Most Canadian financial institutions now offer Interac e-Transfers as a small business online banking payment option (click here for an up-to-date list of all financial institutions offering Interac e-Transfers). If you are familiar with this service and wish to use it to pay us, please do so. Your order will be kept “on hold” until we receive your payment.
Payment by cheque
If you decide to forego the electronic options above (or if you would rather pay by cheque), you can still send your cheque(s) to Arlington Gardens at the following address:
39 Chemin North
Stanbridge East, Québec
1 Whether you pay electronically or by cheque, please note the Customer ID you create when you register for the season with us — this ensures we can trace your payment back to you; we cannot process payments without it. Your Customer ID is the alphanumeric identifier based on the first three letters of your last name, the first letter of your first name and the four last digits of the primary phone number, all as provided by you when you register.
2 Please make your first payment, in full or in part, upon registration, followed, if applicable, by a second payment by no later than May 15 and a final payment by no later than June 15. If you choose to pay by cheque, please include your Customer ID on your cheque(s). If you pay in installments by cheque, please include all your post-dated cheques in the same mailing. Conveniently, your Online Banking installments may be pre-programmed for the due dates up front (see below)); the same can be done with Interac e-Transfers.
3 As a ‘Registered Payee’ with the aforementioned banks, we are listed as ‘Les Jardins d’Arlington’ in French, and ‘Arlington Gardens’ in English. If your bank is on our list, clicking on its logo will take you to their online banking website where you can log in, select us from their list of Payees and pay your 2016 registration fee in full or in three (3) equal installments on or before the scheduled due dates. To process payment of your registration fee, you must input the Customer ID created when you registered.
- As a participant in Arlington Gardens’ organic basket program, you are signing up for the duration of your seasonal membership.
- If you authorize us to share your contact info with Equiterre when you register, such information will be used only in the context of their family farm network and/or promotion of other Equiterre activities. Equiterre will not use this information for other purposes and is forbidden to share it with third parties.
- Collecting your share is your contractual engagement. If you forget your share or cannot make it to the drop-off location, please try to make arrangements with a friend, family member or work colleague to pick it up on your behalf.
- For scheduled holidays, you may arrange to either (i) have someone else take your share while you are gone or (ii) double up your shares before you leave or after you return to make up missed baskets. Missed baskets must be recouped within the timeframe of the program for which you registered, i.e. regular or extended. Please let us know by e-mail which option you intend to exercise BEFORE you leave. We do not refund vacation shares.
Please see our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) for additional information