RAPINI + PASTA — 29/08/2018
A rapini recipe from long-standing farm member Erika Stumpf – award-winning, no less, according to her son Julien:
- In a small pan, heat ¼ cup of olive oil with hot pepper flakes (a large pinch, equivalent to a 25-cent in the cup of one’s hand)
- When the oil is hot, add one box of anchovy filets, chopped. Cook at medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, until anchovies become crisp. Erika uses anchovies packed in olive oil (the Millionnaires brand); she adds their oil to the mixture.
- Meanwhile, heat a large pot of water, add salt once it has started to boil and drop in your choice of short pasta (i.e. penne, fusilli, gemelli, etc.).
- Coarsely chop the rapini, and add them to the pasta when there are 5 minutes still to go
- Two minutes before the pasta is done, increase the heat of your oil mixture and press 1-2 cloves of garlic into it.
- Drain the pasta + rapini, empty it into a serving bowl. Add the oil-anchovy-garlic sauce. Add salt and pepper to your liking. Serve. Olive oil lovers can dribble a bit more on their plate.
Erika: I made it tonight with my Arlington rapini – yum!